Leigh works in the contexts of Leadership, Personal Mastery, Change and Learning and Creativity. She has a passion to see growth and development in individuals, communities and organisations, together exploring new possibilities and ways of thinking.
I love to create spaces for flourishing.
I am passionate about growth and learning, watching and being a part of new possibilities and ways of thinking. The work I love is work that seeks to bring wholeness and possibility into the lives of individuals, teams, organisations and communities. I believe we all deserve that. All of us.
So my work (which isn’t really work at all!) is to enable others to find this place of flourishing and actualisation.
For me, flourishing is generative, curious, accountable and compassionate and asks the best of those that live it. A person or group genuinely seeking a life of flourishing is courageous, and willing to acknowledge the sometimes difficult work that might be required to get from where they are now, to where they would love to be. But they take that step anyway.
I believe that, through the development of more connected and aware individuals who have the capacity to think deeply and respond in a creative, engaged and strategic manner, we will start to see far more of the leaders that our country, organisations, communities and families require to flourish.
Qualifications and Courses
- Diploma in Practitioner Coaching (DiPC): The Coaching Centre
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PDBA): Gordon Institute of Business Science – University of Pretoria
- Bachelor of Primary Education: University of the Witwatersrand
- The Thinking Partnership (Nancy Kline): Manthano Learning
- Foundation to Integral Coaching: The Coaching Centre
- Deep Democracy: Myrna Lewis
- Effective Group Facilitation: Reos Partners
- Introduction to the Enneagram: Pam Roux
- The Enneagram Workshop: Penny Joy Day
- Enneagram Wisdom School: Penny Joy Day
- The Art of Hosting: Reos Partners
- Community Building Workshop with Peter Block: Symphonia Community Building
- Leading Women Leadership Programme: Gordon Institute of Business Science
- Nexus Leadership Programme: Gordon Institute of Business Science
Work-Life experience & Achievements
- Certified Integral Coach since 2013, with The Integral Africa Institute.
- Member of COMENSA (Coaching and Mentoring Association of SA)
- Committee member on the COMENSA Western Cape Chapter Events Committee
- Xtraordinary Women Business Network - Southern Suburbs Chapter Administrator
- Xtraordinary Women Southern Suburbs - Networker of the Year Award 2017
- Varied experience as a speaker including: EHI Women Empowered 2018 speaker (see brochure), Boundary Setting - The Family Counselling Centre
- 4 years as a Programme Manager, facilitator and adult learning designer at the Gordon Institute of Business Science in the Centre for Leadership and Dialogue
- 4 years’ part time experience as a corporate trainer through Skills For Life Training and Blazing Moon; working specifically in the fields of Communication, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Teamwork, Business Development, Wellness
- 5 years as an entrepreneur and consultant, creating my Learning , Leadership & Creativity Consultancy
- 11 years as a teacher in various schools in Johannesburg and London
- 1 year as a Grade Head at HeronBridge College in Johannesburg